Monthly Archives: April 2012
Following O2 UK releasing OS 188.8.131.522 for their handsets yesterday Hutchinson 3 have now followed suit. They currently have the 9810, 9900 and 9360 in their inventory so if you want their OS 184.108.40.2062 then hook up your phone to the Desktop manager and update away, or you can also download from the Blackberry carrier site.
If you have been having issues or just waiting for another BlackBerry PlayBook OS update – then today is your day. The PlayBook software has been updated to version 220.127.116.118. These are just few updates and fixes to go along with this one including some welcomed enhancements but i am sure many more will surface.
- Browser enhancements to address performance with some websites
- Improvements to support Android apps
- Optimizations to Video Chat, PIM and BlackBerry Bridge applications
- And much more!
You should see the update pop up in the top left corner on your PlayBook, but if not, click on Settings > Software Updates to check on it your own.
A bit of OS 7.1 love for the Bold 9930 owners today coming from Cellcom in the US, new release of 18.104.22.1682 for the Handset brings it in line with the other Bold and Curve’s.
If you fancy checking out the update the click one of the links below.
if you’re on O2 in the UK and have been wondering when they’d roll out BlackBerry 7.1 to their line of BlackBerry devices, you can wonder no more. O2 has announced availability of OS 7.1 for the BlackBerry 9900, 9360, 9810, 9860 and 9380 collectively. All the files have been submitted to the O2 UK BlackBerry software download page and can be downloaded directly. If official OS’ are the only way to go for you, time to grab your USB cables and get yourself updated.
If you are interested head over to the carrier downloads page to get te OS
Blackberry messenger (BBM) would be the one that makes a Blackberry a Blackberry, and groups is just one of the things you can enjoy through BBM. So why am I posting this?
RIM is clever in the sense that they don’t want us to use their resources if the group members are on our contact list. The resources used can cause other members handsets to freeze to the point of it being unusable.
Now don’t despair, we can stop this from happening by preparing yourself before you load a new OS on your beloved berries. If you own a blackberry I would expect you to be able to read and follow instructions.
- Remove all previous versions of OS installed on PC via control panel add/remove.
- Delete all OS folders in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files folder.
- Delete the Apploader folder located within C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion folder.
- REBOOT PC.
- Install the OS that you have recently downloaded.
- Shrink the OS using BBH Tool above. Now BEFORE you do anything else, TURN YOUR RADIOS OFF, or ENTER INTO PLANE mode.
- Do a complete backup using the desktop manager.
- Wipe your device using BBSAK above, this could take up to 5 minutes depending on how much you have on your handset.
- Once wipe, run loader.exe located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.
- Tick what you require only, and let the loader does what it do best.
- Once the OS is installed, the device will automatically reboot itself.
- Once rebooted into home screen, DO NOT DO ANYTHING BUT A BATTERY PULL, this ensures your initial install is all good and you haven’t shrunk anything by mistake.
- Still, DO NOT touch anything else, and while STILL IN PLANE MODE do a complete restore (or partial restore) using DM.
- Now, you can click on your BBM icon and see that all your contacts, and groups are still intact.
- Do another battery pull, to make sure none of your data restored is corrupted.
- Once booted with no issue, then you can turn your wireless back on.
Follow these steps, and believe me, your mates will thank you for it.
Not hitting full release yet but RIM have updated the Blackberry Beta Zone version of their Facebook Client to v 22.214.171.124
BlackBerry smartphones 3.0 version 126.96.36.199:
When Facebook is installed on a device running a language that is not officially supported by Facebook for BlackBerry, but is supported by BB, the app is supposed to default to English.
Facebook application uses HTTP links in browser The Facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfill your request. (1500)
WiLAN event is not being processed correctly when radio is low or changed
Unable to close Facebook using back key on 6.0
If you are a Betazone member, or just fancy trying the new client out head over to the link below now.
Its been in Betazone for a couple of weeks now but RIM have decided to finally release their Twitter client v188.8.131.52 through AppWorld.If you are a bif tweeter, or maybe just want to check it out head to App World now for your Updated version.
OS 184.108.40.2060 has leaked for the BlackBerry torch 9850. This is a leaked OS, so while it’s mostly safe to install, remember to use caution when updating your device. If you need any help along the way, you can head into our forums . If you do install this OS, hit up the forums thread for findings, fixes and more discussion.